1908, 1909 Warsaw Business and Address Directories

Notes about individual sources. If you have something to add, please check whether a topic already exists for the source, and, if so, post to that topic.
logan
Site Admin

1908, 1909 Warsaw Business and Address Directories

Postby logan » Wed May 19, 2010 9:34 am

The image number returned by the search engine is sometimes off by one, so, if you cannot find a match on the suggested image, please check the previous or subsequent image. Also, please notify me at logan@genealogyindexer.org if you discover such an error, and include the incorrectly-returned image number. Thank you.

-Logan

sgrundbron

Re: 1909 Warsaw Business and Address Directory

Postby sgrundbron » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Logan,
The page for Grundfest in the 1909 Warsaw Address and Business directory is off by one. It should be the image before. (Of course, now I don't have it open and don't know the number.). I will write it down and send it in the next post. The list of occupations is very helpful, but a list of abbreviations would be great, too. (Can usually figure them out, but not always. What would be terrific is to have the headings under which various people are listed in the Russian medical directories. Sometimes it's several pages before. Sorry, I know this would be a lot of work.

Sharon G. Broniatowski
Cleveland, OH

sgrundbron

Postby sgrundbron » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Grundfest on image 556 not 557.
Thanks,
Sharon Grundfest Broniatowski MD

logan
Site Admin

Postby logan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks for notifying me, Sharon. I will try to fix this error, which does not affect the entire directory (I try to check for such errors, but it's hard to catch them all).

As for a list of occupation abbreviations, I'd be happy to post it if someone else would create it.

Transcribing headings would require a lot of manual labor. If someone wants to do it, I can explain what format I would need to integrate the headings into search results, but I do not plan to do the transcription myself.

Logan

Return to “Notes”