help find Jancety Pietrzyk

Include as much as you know of name, town, street address, occupation, date.
brickbustermaybe

Jancety Pietrzyk

Post by brickbustermaybe »

Jancety Pietrzyk is my grandfather and I am looking for any info. regarding him.What I do know is that he was married in 1916 in Philadelphia,Penn. went to Warsaw Poland in and around 1930 with two sons. His wife's name is Amelia Olejko/Pietrzyk. The two names of the sons are: Witold Jacek and Mieczyslaw Eugene. Another bit of information that has occurred to me is that my grandmother died in Warsaw around 1970-1980.It is possible that my grandfather died in Warsaw.
Last edited by brickbustermaybe on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Site Admin

Re: Jancety Pietrzyk

Post by logan »

The only exact match to these names that I find in Poland after 1930 is for a Witold Pietrzyk who was repatriated to Bialystok in 1946, arriving from Germany: http://genealogyindexer.org/frame/d872/1167/d.

There is, however, a listing with a first initial W. only, which might or might not be a match for Witold. In the 1939 Warsaw Christian Business Directory, there is a Pietrzyk W. here: http://genealogyindexer.org/frame/d506/202/d.

There are several listings for one or more Jan Pietrzyk in Warsaw from 1930-1942, but not Jancenty or Jacenty. One of the Jans had an address the entire time at Mokotowska 5. Another Jan, who might or might not have been the same person, had full name Jan Radoslaw Pietrzyk. You can find these matches by searching for "Pietrzyk Jan"~2.

Logan
brickbustermaybe

I just got some more info on my grandfather Jancety Pietrzyk. He was buried in Liw Poland with his wife Amelia Olejko/Pietrzyk. Also they were born in Poland around 1880 to 1895.My father Witold Jacek Pietrzyk and his brother were born in the US in Philadelphia.In around 1930 the family left the US for Poland.I have info. that in 1938 Eugene came back to the US and lived in Detroit, Mich. and my father came back with the blessing of the German Republic in 1942 and also lived in Detroite,Mich. After that the trail turns cold and everybody seem to become ghosts.Is there anyone that can help me find the right trail?
brickbustermaybe

help find ghost Jancety Pietrzyk

:arrow I have found a site that looks promising it is called http://www.geneteka.genealodzy. My problem is I am having difficulties navigating a the site. Is there someone out there that could help me? I found other information about Jancety. He was born in Galizien, Austria in 1891 died in Warsaw and was buried in Liw. I think that if I could plug in the information into the above site I might be able to retrieve some other information like his parents or siblings.
brickbustermaybe

I don't think that the Witold you found is my father because he came to the US after the war with a wife and child.But I have some other information about Jancety that could be helpful.I found out that he owned a lumberyard,worked as a taxi driver and finally ended up running a exclusive laundry service pressing and folding linen for the upperclass the shop was in Warsaw. That was before the war.
brickbustermaybe

Jancety Pietrzyk

My problem is that I just found out that Jancety might be the wrong first name. According to my father's birth records the first name is Hyacinth which happens to be my father's middle name.However, on the marriage doc. the name Jancety is shown. So my question is which name should I put into the search if I were to look for the birth info in Poland? Or does it really matter at all?
logan
Site Admin

Post by logan »

If you are searching here, you will probably be more successful searching by surname only and then examining matches, since many will include only a first initial, not the full given name. However, it only takes a few seconds longer to also search with the first name or first initial, so it's easy to try all ways.

Logan
brickbustermaybe

I have tried all the different combinations and still end up with no hits on the names in the Polish data base, but thank you for your reply to my post. I think that it looks like I will have to scan through the docs. that are available.
brickbustermaybe

The latest information that I have is that he was born in the town/village of Liw in Poland.I found a site where they listed all of the Pietrzyks in Liw from the years of 1800 thru 1900 but I couldn't find Jancety listed. Judging by the dates of birth there were none in the late 1800s only in the middle area. Am I doing something wrongalodzy? The site I am using is geneteka.genealodzy,pl is there a different site that I could use?
logan
Site Admin

Re: help find Jancety Pietrzyk

Post by logan »

I have merged all topics about Jancety Pietrzyk. If you have new information to add in the future, please add it to this topic rather than creating a new one. Thanks.

Logan