Matz

Include as much as you know of name, town, street address, occupation, date.
Michael

Matz

Post by Michael »

Hi I have a question for her father Eric Arthur Matz is a customs officer (declarant) at the Polish city of Warsaw was about 1939
Is there much of it also records calibration
Gruß michael
logan
Site Admin

Re: Matz

Post by logan »

You can find Erich Artur Matz in the 1940, 1941, and 1942 General Government Telephone Directories (Amtliches Fernsprechbuch für das Generalgouvernement). Search for:

"matz erich"~3

These directories are hosted by the Municipal Public Library in Radom, and their website can be quite slow. It might take a minute or longer for the image to open in your web browser.

There are no entries for the surname Matz in the 1939/1940 or 1938/1939 Warsaw directories.

-Logan
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thanks for your answer! is there a directory of officials of the Polish state before 1939?
Greetings Michael
logan
Site Admin

Post by logan »

Many of the pre-1939 Polish directories include some government officials, members of the Sejm, etc. but the lists do not cover everyone who worked for the government. I don't know about any comprehensive government directories.

-Logan
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi there is the one entry of Robert Matz Warsaw was my grandfather or my grandmother was born in Alscher Zyradow
Gruß Michael Sorry wohnten von 1905 bis 1944 in Warschau Sein Beruf war Magazienverwalter (magasinör)